Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Kyle!

Just wanted to say a great big Happy Birthday to my sweetheart. Kyle is such an incredible man, wonderful husband, and awesome father. I am lucky to be his wife.

On a side note, we got a call from our social worker saying we had been chosen for another baby that is due May 17. Turns out that one of the other LDSFS agencies that we had sent our
profile to over a year ago held on to it and showed it to a potential birth mother along with others and she chose us. The worker did tell the b-mom that she did not know our status and would find out so hopefully she won't be too upset that we have to decline at this time. I can't believe I have to say no to a baby. I never thought we would be matched thru LDSFS and here it happens when we are not even ready for it. I so wish we could say yes but we are not even close to being able to afford a 3rd child. And I don't know if our sanity could handle another baby so soon.

So goes the craziness of our life.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow, I can't believe LDSFS came through with a baby. I know so many people who are never chosen for placement with them. It would have been a bit crazy with two kiddos so close together, though. I hope you guys are doing well; I check your blog often, even though my friendly little helper here doesn't give me much of a chance to post comments. :-) Your boys are getting so big! And happy birthday wishes to Kyle!

Karen said...

We hope you had a great day Kyle! I am lame and didn't even get a card in the mail. I don't dare go places with both kids by myself anymore so I basically by groceries as fast as I can and that's about it!

Congratulations on being selected!